Dołączył: 20 Maj 2011
Przeczytał: 0 tematów
|Wysłany: Pon 8:21, 30 Maj 2011 Temat postu: Tiffany Earrings8A 16 Liter Engine Delivers For Vo
vo aimed to make the experience of driving the S60 Concept a pleasant and elegant experience with mellow, invisible transfers in between the many different surfaces. But the real beauty is under the hood!
This year, Volvo's engine of choice for the S60 Concept is a four-cylinder 1.6 liter gasoline unit using high-efficiency GTDi (Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection) technology which will produce 180hp.
In most conventional gasoline engine, fuel is injected into the inlet manifold ahead of the inlet valves. However, with direct injection, the fuel is injected strait into the combustion chamber under very high pressure. Along with innovative combination with a host of additional technical features [link widoczny dla zalogowanych],this engine makes it possible to cut carbon dioxide emissions to 119g/km.
And GTDi technology is not the only innovation. The following is a short list of additional technical features that bring the S60 Concept's CO2emissions down to 119g/km:
* Stratified combustion. Within the combustion chamber a mist consisting of the perfect blend of air and fuel forms around the spark plug [link widoczny dla zalogowanych], which is then surrounded by pure air. The engine can then operate with ample air [link widoczny dla zalogowanych], thus cutting a sizable amount of fuel consumption.
* Start/stop, a functionality that switches off the engine when the car is at a standstill.
* Powershift. Two manual gearboxes work in parallel, each regulated by its own clutch.
* EPAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering). Which is essentially an electric servo'. Which replaces the typical hydraulic pump with an electric motor.
* DRIVe-Mode'. A kind of 'economy mode' which allows the driver to reduce fuel consumption. This limits the function of many selected electrical or mechanical systems.
Post został pochwalony 0 razy